Methods of delivering higher education services are changing rapidly, here’s just one of the latest options which is proving very popular.
Higher education has gone through a big transition lately, as more and more people, unable to afford the time or the fees to attend university or college for higher education, have chosen to take part in distance learning programs. Because of the decrease in expense and the availability, distance learning programs have actually opened up higher education to a whole generation of people who previously may have thought that they were ‘past it’.
At a time when university and college campus have seen a general decline in student enrollments, the number of people studying higher education online has soared, leading many universities and colleges to offer many of the exact same courses as could be studied on campus.
Also, there has been a surge in alternative financial aid for higher education students, and trade students. For example, cash loan companies such as Plain Green Loans offer services to students who may not have the cash to pay for tuition and other education expenses. These cash loans give students the flexibility to pay them back over time, and are even eligible for a larger amount with subsequent loans.
Advantages of Online Higher Education
The following are some of the advantages of online higher education:
- You can often study at your own pace, so there is no pressure to have assignments completed for a certain time or to keep up with the rest of the class.
- Studying higher education online means that you can fit it around your existing job, so you can continue to earn a salary while learning. This is a major benefit, as many people just could not afford to give up work for higher education. It also means that you can study in order to further your present career. Earn while you learn, what a good idea!
- Distance learning courses of higher education are ideal for stay at home moms, who might not have access to adequate child care facilities, but can do their studying around the children, and be all ready to re-enter the workplace when the children are a little older.
- Geography is another great advantage – no it doesn’t mean to study geography (although you can, of course) it means that it doesn’t matter where you are based, as many of these courses are run completely online so you don’t have to travel to the campus. You can study a course from a University at the other side of the world, if you so wish.
- It has opened the door to higher education for many people who just wouldn’t have had the opportunity. People who are physically unable to leave the house can now further their education, from the comfort of their own homes. Too old to go back to school with all those young students? Feel silly among the youngsters? Well, that’s not an issue now is it, because nobody is going to see you or judge you, you can learn to your hearts content.
- You will be assigned with a personal tutor who will oversee your assignments. Many students who study online have said that they actually feel like they get more personal attention than they would in a large classroom environment.
- The price of online higher education is generally much cheaper than enrolling on a full time, campus university course.
“It is indeed ironic that we spend our school days yearning to graduate and our remaining days waxing nostalgic about our schools days”. Isabel Waxman